In Acorn Clinics we treat the foot and leg as a mechanical unit, so for this reason we do not treat the foot or leg in isolation. If you are experiencing aches or pains in this “mechanical unit” it is probably caused by a biomechanical issue.
Flat Feet/ Arch Pain
Flat feet also known as pes planus or fallen arches, is a problem with the posture of the foot in which the entire sole of the foot comes into complete or near-complete contact with the ground. This often results in arch pain which is an inflammation and/or burning sensation in the arch of the foot. Arch pain can also occur in a foot with a normal arch.
• Feet tire easily
• Painful or achy feet, especially in the areas of the arches and heels
• The inside sole of your foot becomes swollen
• Foot movement – such as standing on your toes, is difficult
• Back and/or leg pain
There are many different reasons for the development of flat feet and/or arch pain. Our podiatrists will identify the underlying cause, and will be able to advise you on the best course of treatment.
• Icing, anti-inflammatory creams
• Muscle strengthening exercises
• Foot Mobilisation Technique