In Acorn Clinics we treat the foot and leg as a mechanical unit, so for this reason we do not treat the foot or leg in isolation. If you are experiencing aches or pains in this “mechanical unit” it is probably caused by a biomechanical issue.
A heel spur is a pointed, bony growth on the back or the underside on the heel bone. It normally only causes pain, if it is subjected to excessive pressure.
• Pain in the heel area brought on by long periods of walking or standing
• Eases with rest
• Can become chronic if untreated
There are many different reasons for the development of heel spur. Our podiatrists will identify the underlying cause, and will be able to advise you on the best course of treatment.
• Gel heel pads, icing, anti-inflammatory creams
• Muscle strengthening exercises
• Foot Mobilisation Technique