In Acorn Clinics we treat the foot and leg as a mechanical unit, so for this reason we do not treat the foot or leg in isolation. If you are experiencing aches or pains in this “mechanical unit” it is probably caused by a biomechanical issue.
Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia, which is a band of tissue that connects your heel bone to the base of your toes.
• Heel / arch pain – particularly after long periods of rest – but eases after walking for a short period-can return after long periods of standing or walking
• Can become chronic if untreated
• Gel heel pads, icing, anti-inflammatory creams
• Muscle strengthening exercises
• Foot Mobilisation Technique