Achilles tendonitis is an inflammation of the achilles tendon which is the tendon that attaches your calf muscle to your heel bone.
• Pain and/or swelling at the back of your heel that can extend up to your calf muscle
• Tightness in your calf muscle
• Limited range of motion when flexing your foot
• Most painful when walking up hill or when going up stairs
There are many different reasons for the development of heel spur syndrome. Our podiatrists will identify the underlying cause, and will be able to advise you on the best course of treatment.
• Icing, anti-inflammatory creams
• Light stretching
• Heel raising pad
• Foot Mobilisation Technique