FLAT FEET/ARCH PAIN
Flat feet also known as pes planus or fallen arches, is a problem with the posture of the foot in which the entire sole of the foot comes into complete or near-complete contact with the ground. This often results in arch pain which is an inflammation and/or burning sensation in the arch of the foot. Arch pain can also occur in a foot with a normal arch.
• Feet tire easily
• Painful or achy feet, especially in the areas of the arches and heels
• The inside sole of your foot becomes swollen
• Foot movement – such as standing on your toes, is difficult
• Back and/or leg pain
There are many different reasons for the development of flat feet and/or arch pain. Our podiatrists will identify the underlying cause, and will be able to advise you on the best course of treatment.
• Icing, anti-inflammatory creams
• Muscle strengthening exercises
• Foot Mobilisation Technique